- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Welcome to the 90 Day Diet Transformation!
On behalf of our entire team at Albanese Chiropractic, we look forward to helping you on your journey to create your extraordinary life!
The 90 Day Diet Transformation Program is a web-based program that makes it easy for you to add healthy dietary habits to your life in 90 days. Our goal is to make it easy for you to eat healthy!
90 Day Diet Transformation
Over the course of 90 days you will develop an understanding of food, nutrition and diet so you can live a healthy, vibrant life! We have provided you with some of the best resources available to make your journey seamless. We’ve taken what science has proven to produce health and integrated it with articles and videos to help you become more informed about what a healthy diet is, along with methods that help you successfully make dietary changes that will produce greater health. Each week you will have articles, a video or both that you are responsible for reading and listening to. This is an integral part of this program. The material is in a specific order to help you develop a strong foundation and understanding of nutrition.
Once you have completed your Nutritional and Caloric Expenditure Assessments you will receive your Nutritional Calculator and Getting Started instructional email. Follow the steps outlined in the Getting Started instructions sheet to begin your journey. The video below, along with the Getting Stared email, will outline what to do to get stared and guide you through beginning the program. .
The following information is the weekly outline for the next 90 days. Please do not deviate from this schedule or "jump ahead" with the material. This program is designed with a very specific order to help you expand your knowledge base a little bit at a time.
Week One: The Cleanse
1. The Cleanse:
The focus of Week One is "Cleanse and Detoxify". We start this process by beginning the Total Body Cleanse and removing sugar, "white foods", grains, dairy, alcohol, and soda from your diet.
If you have never done a cleanse here are some important points to be aware of:
1. The cleanse you are starting is a total body cleanse and detox system not just a colon cleanse. The cleanse should not be "invasive" to your body or daily activity. If you find your stomach is upset or slightly "unsettled" then decrease the supplements by half. Do not extend the time of the cleanse even though you will have extra supplements for the allotted time of the cleanse.
2. You may find that you are having one or two additional bowel movements per day while doing the cleanse. Aside form that you shouldn't have any discomfort or side effects. You shouldn't find yourself having to rush to the restroom or have any sense of urgency. Your bowel movements should become easier and possibly larger due to the cleansing and detoxing occurring with your body.
3. You may find yourself feeling slightly "under the weather" the first two to three days of the cleanse. This is due to the detoxification that is occurring. Remember you are cleaning your system which, unless you've taken part in a total body cleanse in the past, has never taken place. After the first few days you may find you have more energy, sleep better, and overall feel better. Now it's time to reset your diet and transform the way you're eating.
Starting your Total Body Cleanse. The cleanse is an integral part of starting a “new healthy diet”. Very few, if any, “diet programs” will have their participants take part in a cleanse. Most programs don’t focus on health, they focus on telling you what to eat or sell the food directly. This program is centered around empowering you about a healthy diet and giving you the tools to construct your diet. “Teaching you to fish instead of selling you the fish.”
The reason this program includes a total body cleanse is simply to “clean your tank” of the foods your diet has been comprised of. In effect you are cleaning your body of the foods you used to eat and now filling it with healthy foods. A total body cleanse is important because food is transported and delivered to every part of your body not just your gastrointestinal organs.
Below is an overview of the cleanse which should begin the first week of the program. During the cleanse it is critical to eliminate “white foods” (rice, potatoes, pasta, breads, dairy, etc.) and at the very least start cutting out alcohol, processed foods, sodas, etc. Proper hydration is also extremely important. To ensure proper hydration you should be consuming half of your body weight in ounces of water each day.
Total Body Detox is a deep-acting total-body cleansing and metabolic jump start program.
Step 1: Detoxify with Deep Liver and Organ Cleanse. Herbal extracts, amino acids and vitamin C provide powerful antioxidant and deep-cleansing support. Supports the liver with 4 amino acids and 6 herbal extracts. 7 herbal extracts are included to support the rapid and deep detoxification of the lungs, lymphatic system, kidneys, skin and blood.
Step 2: Capture with Natural Acacia Fiber. Provides 8 grams of 100% soluble acacia fiber daily. Fiber is a critical component of colon cleansing, as well as organ detoxification and purification.
Step 3: Eliminate with Colon Cleanse. Formulated with magnesium hydroxide (a mineral that helps to hydrate the bowel) as well as cape aloe and rhubarb to stimulate bowel contractions. Triphala, marshmallow and slippery elm help soothe and lubricate the bowel during this critical cleansing step.
1. Shopping List: Start to compile your shopping list using the web sites, cookbooks, and "shopping list" provided.
2. Coconut Oil: Begin cooking with coconut oil in place of other oils
Week One articles: Cooking oils
Week Two: Your Meals
Week Two Links:
1. Visit www.ewg.org for the "Clean 15 and Dirty Dozen" lists
2. Food storage: visit www.progressiveintl.com for proper food storage.
4. my fitness pal app daily tracking:
1.Click on "Diary"
2. Scroll to the bottom of page, there are two tabs, "Nutrition" and "Notes"
3. Click on "Nutrition". You will find three tabs at the top of the page:
1. Calories- here you will get a breakdown of your daily calories for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack
2. Nutrients- here you can your goals for proteins, carbs, and fats for the day compared to what you have eaten and what you still have left to meet your goal
3. Macros- This shows your goal and total consumed for your proteins, carbs, and fats
Week Three: Sugar
Please note reference is made at the beginning of the Week 3 video that it is the video for Week 2. The order of the videos was changed and this is the Week 3 video on Sugar.
Sugar reduction: Sugar is one of the items that will sabotage a healthy diet and ultimately your health. Below you will find the reading assignments for Week Three are centered around gaining an understanding of sugar and how it will undermine your efforts to be healthy.
Week Three articles:
Week Four: Grains
Grains comprise 24% of our diet, so it’s important to understand how this one food type can cause a multitude of health issues, weight gain, and even high cholesterol.
Week Four articles:
Week Five: Glycemic Index/Glycemic Load, Leptin/Ghrelin
This week we focus our conversation on glycemic index and load and how these indicators can help guide you in regulating your blood glucose (sugar) levels. We also spend time talking about two very important hormones that are instrumental in weight loss and maintaining a healthy weight.
Week Five articles:
Week Six: Protein and Fat
Week Six articles:
Week Seven: Dairy and pH
Week Seven articles:
Week Eight: Labels and additives
1. Trans Fats- Shortening, Hydrogenated Oil, Partially hydrogenated oil
2. Aspartame- Nutrasweet, Equal, Amino Sweet, Flavor, Artificial flavor, Splenda, Sucralose
3. High Fructose Corn Syrup- HFCS, Fructose
4. Monosodium Glutamate- MSG, Hydrolyzed vegetable protein, Yeast extract, Autolyzed yeast, Sodium caseinate
5. Dyes, Coloring Agents
6. Sodium Nitrate, Sodium Nitrite- Nitrate, Nitrite
7. BHA/BHT- Butylated Hydroxyanisole, Hydroxytoluene
8. Sulfur Dioxide
9. Potassium Bromate
10. Propyl Gallate
11. Phosphitic Acid
12. Carmel Color- Color
16. Brominated Vegetable Oil
17. Vegetable Oil- Soybean oil, Safflower oil, Cottonseed oil
18. Canola oil
Week Nine: Refining your diet
Week Nine: Storing Produce
Sealed and Dry: Sealed and stored with water (not touching produce)
Berries Mushrooms Carrots Radish
Cherries Ripe Soft Fruit Celery
Cucumbers Zucchini Parsnips
Ginger Ripe Soft Tomatoes Turnups
Non-sealed and Dry: Non- Sealed and stored with water (not touching produce)
Apples Artichokes Broccoli Brussels Sprouts
Beans Citrus Cauliflower Grapes
Peas Peppers Greens Green Onions
Week Ten: Labels and GMO
To learn more about GMO's please watch 'Know GMO's" at www.albanesechiropractic.com located on the "More" tab at "Workshop Videos".
Week Eleven: Exercise and Nutrition
Week Eleven: Tabata workout sites
www.zuzkalight.com Beginner to advanced
www.bodybypam.com Beginner to intermediate
www.momsintofitness.com Beginner to intermediate
www.befit.com Beginner to intermediate
RDA vs ODA: